INNOVATION ♥ PASSION ♥ NOSTALGIA
In the news
Critical Response to "Intuition" Single
1.10.20: "'Intuition' reminds listeners that it’s well worth the risk to let go and give in to our desire in order to experience true love and intimacy with someone else. The music video is a sensational visual accompaniment that features a team of elegant dancers and an intriguing male lead that mirror the fantasy-like ambience of the track." -Vents Magazine
1.9.20: "'Intuition' reminds listeners that it’s well worth the risk to let go and give in to our desire in order to experience true love and intimacy with someone else. The music video is a sensational visual accompaniment that features a team of elegant dancers and an intriguing male lead that mirror the fantasy-like ambience of the track." -On the Back Edge of the Beat
Critical Response to "Grown-Up Christmas List."
12.29.19 Music Existence Review
"At first glance of the title, listeners might expect a typically timely Christmas song, complete with cliché jingle bell-laden trimmings. But what they’ll actually experience is something more straightforward, and most importantly, from the heart."
12.25.19 Grubs and Grooves
- "The Twelve Cocktails of Christmas Featuring Musical Enchantress, Rändi Fay"
12.19.19 On The Back Edge Of The Beat Review and Playlist
- Despite the song having an edge that leans on the side of saccharine, Fay never steps over the line into the realm of corny and contrived here. Rather, the track’s sentiment of wishes for peace, love and harmony wear as well on her vocals as a familiar fall sweater. And in a world that can be quite scary in today’s day and age, that’s the kind of comfort we should never take for granted.
12.16.19: Indie Band Guru Review
Rändi Fay has brought us her innovative version of the holiday classic... The song seems to have been revived again with the symphonic electronica treatment. The vocals soar in an embracing way providing a warmth to the track that is cozier than the yule log in the fireplace."
12.3.19 Vents Magazine
"Grown-Up Christmas List” is Fay’s own glistening version of the Christmas classic that has been a staple on holiday playlists for decades. Adding her “symphonic electronica” spin to the track, an ethereal and magical style that she has developed alongside her producer and co-writer Aaron Zinsmeister, she takes her turn in delivering a message that will continue to resonate at the root of the human spirit for generations to come.
"a breathtaking mix of electric orchestral music and lyrics that I’m sure everyone can relate to. Rändi has always put kindness at the heart of her work and this song is no different. It’s an incredible use of the power of music"
11.25.19 Stitched Sound premieres "Grown-Up Christmas List"
Critical response to Lone Wolf
1.5.20 Music of the Future- Lone Wolf is Video of the Week
1.4.20 "Lone Wolf" is named an Official Coronet Selection of the Queen Palm International Film Festival for their Second Quarter - 2020 Season
12.30.19 Rändi Fay named on of Music of the Future's "Top 20 to Watch in 2020, Solo Artist Edition"
12.24.19 The Fountain
"Intuition is kind of a “throw-back” project with a super-contemporary sound. It is a concept album – no one writes those anymore! Society demands singles, but we took a chance and crafted eleven songs, loosely weaving them around a contemporary love story, digging honestly and passionately into a spectrum of emotion...."
11.26.19 New Music Weekly:
“Lone Wolf” is a stunning example of the ethereal musical style Fay has developed along with her co-writer and producer Aaron Zinsmeister that they have coined “symphonic electronica.” Calling to mind images of swirling autumn leaves, the song is a haunting exploration of the development of trust in romantic relationships and the insecurities we might face when letting someone into our hearts."
11.16.19 Infectious Magazine shares "THE FIRST TIME I RECORDED A MUSIC VIDEO"
11.15.19 Aphrodite Film Awards honored "Lone Wolf" as a selected entry.
11.9.19 "Rändi Fay Talks About Her New Single 'Lone Wolf'" with Wendy Shepherd of Entertainment Vine
11.5.19 "Interview: Randi Fay discusses her upcoming album, Intuition" -Music Existence
11.3.19 "Lone Wolf" was chosen as a finalist in the Independent Shorts Awards for "Best Cinematography" and "Best Music Video."
11.3.19 Festigious Los Angeles selected "Lone Wolf" as a semi-finalist for "Best Music Video."
10.30.19 "Rändi Fay Shares 12 Songs to Cozy Up With This Fall" Music Notes Global
10.18.19 Review: MusicExistence.com
"As a whole, the presentation [of Lone Wolf] represents the many nuanced phases of love – from infatuation to security, to uncertainty, to distance, and back again, all occurring within a seemingly never-ending cycle. Even with its release still on the horizon, I’m already looking forward to how the album [Intuition] will further express these thematic leanings."
10.18.19 "Evergreen" was chosen as one of seven songs for the milestone 1000th episode of the Women of Substance Music Podcast- listen on Spotify or Apple/iTunes.
10.15.19 "Lone Wolf" music video selected for viewing at the Aphrodite Film Festival
10.5.2019 "Lone Wolf" featured on Dat Buzzing Sound
10.3.19 "Rändi Fay releases latest single “Lone Wolf” from upcoming album!" Stitched Sound
10.2.19 INTERVIEW: "Green Bay’s Musical Enchantress Rändi Fay" Vent's Magazine
9.30.19 "Lone Wolf" Premieres! Music Update Central
"The lead single from her upcoming album Intuition, "Lone Wolf" is symphonic and haunting, conjuring the electricity of new romance while tackling the fear of vulnerability and the challenge of building trust as the relationship shifts from infatuation to love."
3.28.19 Supernatural wins "Outstanding Achievement in Songwriting" in the Great American Song Contest
Judges praised “Supernatural” for its “distinctively engaging theme, appealing lyrical imagery and smartly crafted melodic design.”
3.17.19 Supernatural wins "Music Video of the Year" in the Wildwood Film Festival
Kendra Meinart, Green Bay Press Gazette
2.3.19: Critical Review of "Mamma Mia"
"While massive coordination is at play in the production, the show has four stars: One. Rändi Fay, as Donna Sheridan..."
Warren Gerds, Critic at Large, WeAreGreenBay.com
critical response to "Joy Whispered"
"After being on the brink of quitting about 800 times, but for some reason always returning to my music, what I have learned is this: if I stay true to the following statement, and if I find love in the relationships I develop along the way, I never need to search for a reason to continue to create."
"I'd call it orchestral, adult-contemporary pop Christmas. I'd also call it a quite beautiful new song!"
'Tis the Season Holiday Network airplay year-round:
"I am so glad we found you. Get ready to get the exposure u deserve..."
"There’s certain Christmas songs that you could hear anywhere, and this is one of them..."
"For the Holidays I interviewed Indie Singer-Songwriter Rändi Fay whose new Christmas single may seem a bit out place on my blog but once you hear it and read my interview with her you’ll see why I featured it …"
"'Joy Whispered' glistens like fresh snow under the moonlight. A glowing, intimate, and inspired re-telling of the Nativity story, it also invites listeners to explore Rändi’s expansive ambient sound and serves as an excellent reminder of the true meaning of Christmas."
"We don’t feature much in the way of holiday music on Indie Minded, but we do try to showcase a few each year. This was one we wanted to feature... enjoy the message!"
- #1031: Friday, December 20, 2019 featuring "Evergreen" (by Rändi Fay & Aaron Zinsmeister)
- #1025: Monday, December 9, 2019 featuring "Grown-Up Christmas List"
- #1020: Sunday, December 1, 2019 featuring "Joy Whispered" (by Rändi Fay)
- #1007: Monday. November 4, 2019 featuring "Lone Wolf" (by Rändi Fay & Aaron Zinsmeister)
- #1006: Friday, November 1, 2019 "Music with a Conscience" featuring "Love Is" (by Rändi Fay)
- #1000: Friday, October 18 2019 "Celebration Extravaganza" featuring "Evergreen" (by Rändi Fay & Aaron Zinsmeister)
- #900: Friday, December 21, 2018 featuring "Winter Wind" (by Rändi Fay)
- #890: Monday, December 4, 2018 featuring "Evergreen" (by Rändi Fay & Aaron Zinsmeister)
- #889: Sunday, December 3, 2018 featuring "Joy Whispered" (by Rändi Fay)
- #845: Monday, September 3, 2018 featuring "Supernatural" (by Rändi Fay & Aaron Zinsmeister)
- #834: Friday, August 10, 2018 featuring "Freely Given" (by Rändi Fay)
- #789: Monday, May 7, 2018 featuring "Slumber My Darling" (by Stephen Foster) in "Celebrating Motherhood"
- #752: February 14, 2018 featuring "Freely Given" (by Rändi Fay)
- #749: February 9, 2018 featuring "Moonlight" (by Rändi Fay & Aaron Zinsmeister)
- #725: December 21, 2017 featuring "Winter Wind" (by Rändi Fay)
- #720: December 15, 2017 featuring "Evergreen" (by Rändi Fay & Aaron Zinsmeister)
- #710: December 4, 2017 featuring "Angels We Have Heard on High" (arr. Zinsmeister)
- #694: November 8, 2017 featuring "Moonlight" (by Rändi Fay & Aaron Zinsmeister)
- #688: October 23, 2017 featuring "Freely Given" (by Rändi Fay)
- #684: October 16, 2017 featuring "Pheromone" (by Rändi Fay)
- #675: September 29, 2017 featuring "Haunting My Dreams" (by Rändi Fay)
- #655: September 9, 2017 "Best of the Best" featuring "Love Is" (By Rändi Fay)
- #595 March 22, 2017 featuring "Love Is" (By Rändi Fay)
- #528 Nov. 28, 2016 featuring "Little Babe" (by Rändi Fay)
- #500 Oct. 19, 2016 500th episode celebration!
- #478 Sept.19, 2016 featuring "He Said" (by Rändi Fay)
- #434 July 19, 2016 featuring "Love Is" (by Rändi Fay)
- #423 "Honoring America," July 4, 2016 featuring "God Bless America" (by Irving Berlin)
- #379 "Celebrate Motherhood," May 2, 2016 featuring "Sleep Baby Sleep" (by Rändi Fay)
- #121 "Celebrate Motherhood," May 7, 2015 featuring "Baby Mine" (by Ned Washington and Ned Churchill)
- #66 "Celebrate Love," Feb. 19, 2015 featuring "Falling" (by Rändi Fay). "Falling" was #10 in the Top Twenty Indie Songs for Sept. 2014 in WOSRadio rotation
- #13 "Celebrate Holidays," Dec. 8, 2014 featuring "Mary, Did You Know?" (by Mark Lowry & Buddy Greene)
Women of Substance Radio FREE daily Podcasts feature 30 minutes of great new music and unexpected artists.
You can subscribe on iTunes to the series
CRITICAL RESPONSE TO "SUPERNATURAL"
Bands Interviewing Bands: Sam Hale & Rändi Fay
"a brilliant mix of ethereal, symphonic pop-rock, with just a dash of influence from her jazz background."
"It’s stories like Rändi Fay’s that makes us here at PEV smile quite wide"
"When Music and Medicine Collide"
Vents Magazine 9.12.18:
Supernatural "breaking news"
Supernatural feature interview
#featurefriday: "Supernatural" artist Rändi Fay enchants us yet again