I have been thinking about time. How do you manage something that you really don't own? It has a free-sprinted mind, and it seems to want to fly by! Here is the start of a song I am writing, trying to capture that concept:
River of time, flowing like wine,
Pour me a cup so I can savor you at last
Memories shine, loosely entwined
Pearls that don't stop as they float and tumble past.
Yeah. Something like that.
Time is something I take for granted... I have always thought I could make time, take time, find time... But there is a limit to that, so now instead I am making a decision: I am making the decision to take a breather from most live performances for the rest of the year. I have some beautiful family opportunities, a son's wedding and a year of extra need for odd-houred childcare support for my grandchildren- now those are pearls I need to relish!! And professionally, I have some of the coolest things going on in my head and in the studio. Let me share just a little more about that:
1. SUPERNATURAL- this is such an alluring song with an enchanting music video, and it is being released 8.16.18. I will share some snippets in an upcoming post, so stay tuned! In addition to edits on the video and firming up the magical cover art, I have spent the better part of the last few weeks revamping my website to prepare for the PR push. Please check it out!! I would love your feedback! And I would love for you to sign up for my email updates- I have so much to share!
2. INTUITION- an ambitious dream that with conviction and strategy is becoming an attainable goal- a collaboration of empathic writing and crazy imagination between Aaron Zinsmeister and me- a sort of Moody Blues meets Enya meets Evanescence meets Disney concept project/symphonic pop opera of 10-11 songs- "River of Time" may just be one of them! I need space to sink my teeth and my head into this one. It's a big deal, and I will be looking for backers early next year as we become more and more sure of its completion. Really different, and really powerful. Two songs are already finished: "Serenity" and "Mystified." On deck is "Uncaged." I am so excited!!
3. I do have two more public gigs. PLEASE COME if you can! You mean the world to me! As do the amazing guys who work beside me and make my live shows so dynamic! I am going to devote a future post to them...
- Wednesday, August 8, 6-8:30 pm at the Green Bay Botanical Gardens
- Friday, August 24, 8-10:00-sih pm at La Vie Boheme in De Pere, WI.
My best to you as we hist the midpoint of this beautiful summer. I hope you are able to "find time" to savor it. Attached is a free download of the super chill instrumental version of "Sleep Baby Sleep" featuring guitarist Kelvin Kaspar to embellish your experience-
Innovative Adult Contemporary Songwriter and Artist