Wow! March has come "in like a lion" in Green Bay, WI. A beautiful, unexpected winter storm made our world pristine again, in it's quietly thunderous way. March has also come "in like a lion" for me: I have some really cool news these last few days! And some super important people to thank.
1. Wisconsin Area Music Industry (WAMI) has included me in its nominees for "Jazz Artist of the Year" for the third year in a row! Once again, the list contains some spectacular artists, most of whom can run circles around me, making this a truly special honor. I am so #grateful to the jazz-guys who play with me, and have patiently taught me, including Mick Maloney, James LeFevre, Greg Pagel, Bob Balsley, Jordan Christiansen and Scott Dercks. Wowza.
2. My super-chill debut CD Close to My Heart, Love Songs and Lullabies has been nominated for "Best Cover/Tribute Album" by Just Plain Folks. This is a crazy honor, as they get a ginormous number of entries, encompassing several years (hence the blast from the past)! From their website: "Just Plain Folks is a community of over 51,500 Songwriters, Recording Artists and Music Industry Professionals — and host to the world's largest independent music awards. This has always delivered a great opportunity to showcase some truly dynamic talent. JPF Founder Brian Austin Whitney felt the music made by the "other 98%" of the music world often ignored by the mainstream televised music awards shows deserved its own recognition. The judging criteria is based around one basic concept: Does the music move you?" Wowza #2. Yes indeed, I am honored, and so #grateful to another collection of fabulous musicians who helped me bring this CD to life: Hans Christian, George Sawyn, Woody Mankowski, John Contratto & Tom Smith.
3. "Winter Wind" is now in full release on Spotify, Apple Music, ITunes, etc. It is going to be included in an international playlist "Women of MLH" being released 3/8 in honor of International Women's Day! Very cool- I am continuing to build my following on Spotify, and would be so grateful if you took a moment to check in! Click the link to the song, to the artist page-- then listen, enjoy and follow! #Grateful to you for your help!
4. Yeah, more! "Love Is" is going to be featured this month on Women of Substance's "Music with a Conscience" program, airing at 11 EST, 10 CST, etc. It will also be the lead-off tune in their award winning podcast, #595 to be released 3/22. #Grateful to the peeps of WOS Radio. They are superfans!
5. New music- oh boy, I have some cool new stuff coming out- but I will save that for another edition! *think LaLaLand, think POP, think what you may least expect! #Grateful to Aaron Zinsmeister for amazing production, co-writing and for stretching me as an artist!
Oh we get by with "just a little" help from our friends, indeed. Thank you thank you!