I have been away for a bit and haven't written to you! I have not been off the grid, I simply had to attend to many cool and somewhat exhausting happenings, and my blog kept getting pushed to the bottom of my "to-do" list. There are many things I have to do "alone" being a solo artist, but honestly, I am never really alone. I am so energized by you who are in my corner! Your connection and appreciation of my music is the highest validation I can ask for! So let's catch up!
1. VIDEOS!! I spent a week in August shooting two new videos for two new songs! "Moonlight" video and single are coming out 10-5-17 and "Evergreen" video and holiday EP will be released Thanksgiving night, 11-23-17. Super sweet music and production, in collaboration again with Aaron Zinsmeister of White Raven Audio, producer, arranger, sound engineer and now official co-writer on both of these songs.
2. CHRYSALIS!! Watch for updates! It seems like this CD is something a little different for everyone! I have songs going out on podcasts, and more reviews coming in- I will share more in the coming weeks
3. SCHOOL! I am almost finished with my "Master's Certificate in Songwriting" from BERKLEE ONLINE. This semester I am taking a humbling course in Rock and Pop Keyboard playing. No-- I don't plan on accompanying myself! I am so far from being able to do that! But this will enrich my writing and my understanding of textures and grooves that give songs their signature sounds.
4. MORE LEARNING! I just found out that I have been accepted to a pretty intense songwriting retreat in Nashville in November! More about that later, but I am pumped! This girl is going to Nashville! Haha- for five days at least!
5. VACATION/HAVE COMPUTER CAN WORK ANYWHERE! In late August, I arrived in Telluride, CO, a slice of heaven for me! I took ten days off work to enjoy my family while we hiked, explored, and caught a number of awesome films at the Telluride Film Festival. One of the very cool things about this festival is the intimate surroundings and the opportunity to attend Q&A sessions with the major players in the films. WOWZA- Hollywood may have its tinsel, but these people- including Natalie Portman, Christian Bale, Angelina Jolie, Billy Jean King, Gary Oldman and a number of uber-notable directors- are so dedicated to their visions and so humbly passionate about their art. It was fascinating! And inspiring. Art is so personal, and it takes so much courage to create it, even when you are at the top!
Speaking of being "at the top"- topping our "star-gazing" and film-watching, was the highlight of this ten days for me: my son asking his beautiful girlfriend to be his wife at 13,000 feet! I got to go along as "mama-razzi!" What an amazing adventure! And an honor for which I can't be thankful enough.
Now today, after everyone has gone 😢, I am back at it! With my trusty kinda-junky portable keyboard, my Ipad, my computer and my wi-fi hookup, I am back in business, working on those keyboard skills (I have sooooo far to go!), catching up on business, and catching up with you!
This has gotten way too long, and I plan to send you quicker updates- but "best laid plans" don't always bear fruit! Thanks for being there for me, and please trust that I am here, refreshed, inspired and energized to bring to you the best I have to offer!
With Love from Colorado!